Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bring the Muthafuckin' Ruckus

Here it is, the first Rap/Hip Hop post on In Green Mountain Hell. It almost got pushed back because I got the Syphilitic Vaginas Discography CD today, but that will have to wait another day or two. The one and only Wu Tang Clan!!!! I've kind of lost touch with them because everything I've heard after 36 Chambers is pretty unexciting. GZA, RZA, Ghostface Killa, and a couple of others have had some decent solo ventures and I hear their latest isn't so bad, it's just that it was all kind of dull compared to the light that shines when I listen to this album. Their identity and persona's are what really interested me in the first place but while their portrayals of themselves was the backbone of what these guys were about, the music kind of went in the shitter when various members started getting major film roles. Who knows, maybe that is just a coincidence. I'll have to ask Ice Cube next time I see him.
Either way, this is one of my favorites and I'm sure there are a few of you that think these guys are a bunch of capitalist fuckers,and you're definitely right, just throw out your ethics or whatever and bob your head to some Wu Tang, and everything will be fine tonight.


I'd also like to thank Chiyo from Noothgrush and Amber Asylum for letting me post their albums last week. She also posted a bulletin on Myspace and I've gotten a lot of response via email because of it. If you want to hear one of the most beautiful and Majestic groups out there, check out Amber Asylum.
If anyone is interested in getting their recordings after hearing the samples on their page, email me because I have most of it and would love to share. They are peerless...........Troy

2 comments:

Aesop said...

Yeah, Amber Asylum rules. Kris and Jackie are always at the ready to provide their beautiful strings to many a Bay Area band (Asunder, Ludicra, Dimlaia, Hammers of Misfortune...) Noothgrush ruled, Syphilitic Vaginas rule (although I have my doubts that they are really Japanese) and Wu Tang of course, rules.

Soviet_Thrash said...

Boosh, Wu-Tang own