Tuesday, October 21, 2008

You Know People ain't No Good..........

The Cramps......A band that just don't need an introduction.Concocted in Lux Interior and Poison Ivy's pretty little heads before the instruments were even approached,this band was as raw as it gets.You might even find the band's picture next to the word style in your old Webster's dictionary. More bad ass than a billion growling Death Metal vocalists singing about the devil himself,it also doesn't hurt that Poison Ivy was about the sexiest guitarist alive,male or female. Disagree?????? Well,I will tell you that I've never heard a Cramps song I didn't like, cover or not. Anyways, all that aside I give you their first three original studio LP's. Smell of Female and Bad Music For Bad People are great but today I give you the real deal...........

1. 1979's "Songs the Lord Taught Us"

2. 1981's "Psychedelic Jungle"

3. 1986's "Date With Elvis"

Now while we're on the subject of "Coolness" and "Style", I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce those who don't know her to my 5 year old daughter, the abominable Darrylynn Corso Bessette.
The reason for this is that The Cramps are one of her absolute favorite bands . Now,I do my best not to force my musical preferences onto her and she does happen to be a wicked Hannah Montana fan,but overall she does have some damn good taste just like her daddy. A little bit of X, a dash of Devo , a listen of "Crocodile Rock" and last but not least Europe's "The Final Countdown". You parents out there know it could be much, much, worse. I remember when she was still in the womb thinking, "I 'll just throw on some Johnny Cash and Townes Van Zandt and that will be that. Yyyyeeeeaaaahhhh.........

Now I return to the Cramps/Darrylynn connection. It all started with the song Goo Goo Muck. We just happened to purchase a New Caledonian Crested Gecko as a pet and the thing needed a name. After 2 or 3 days of proposals that just didn't fit, Dianna blurted out the name Goo. Perfect!!! I proclaimed and that was that. About a week later, I was listening to The Cramps and the song came on and Darrylynn,the bright little light bulb she is, picked up on this synchronicity and it just sstuck. the little guy just needed a theme song I guess.
So there you have it,Darrylynn the Cramps fan. Has a nice ring to my ears.

Check these out. They are footage of The Cramp's infamous performance at Napa State Mental Hospital. Part 1 and Part 2

Be sure to look out for the Resident's getting corralled when they get a little too rowdy.. Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............................................................................................Troy

No comments: