Wednesday, November 5, 2008

This Trash is Free!!!!!

A Disclaimer: I'll apologize ahead of time to all MAC users for the WMA files on the 2 full length albums I am posting here. My converter's free trial ran out and I haven't had the chance to download a new one. I normally am very considerate of my choice of format so you'll have to bear with me here.The 2 7inches I post here are Mp3's and if anyone really wants the Lp's,email me and I'll send you a link after I have converted them.
As you can see from the flier to the right,today's post deals with Born Against. They were from NYC and were active from 1989 until 1993. The stalwarts were the infamous Sam McPheeters on vocals and Adam Nathanson as the steady guitarist. A revolving Rhythm section consisted of Neil Burke and Tonie Joy on bass,and Melissa Yorke and Brooks Headley on drums. McPheeters and Burke then went on to form the bizarre Men's Recovery Project. I'll post some stuff by them shortly but for now, bask in the greatness that is Born Against.
Spawned from a hardcore epoch that also produced legends like Rorschach,Nausea,and a bunch of others that frequented ABC No RIO,these guys have influenced countless bands and kids alike. they were one of NYC's finest and I wish I had their whole discography to share with you.
Here is what I have:
Self Titled 7inch(1990)

Nine Patriotic Hymns for Children(1991)

Split with Man is the Bastard(1994)

The Rebel Sound of Shit and Failure(1995)

All of these are classics so be sure to download them all.Any fan of raw hardcore punk that hasn't heard these guys needs to quit fucking around and get on board.If someone has something that i haven't posted here,I want it. Send me a message and let's work something out. Check out Sam McPheeter's site here.
As for the rest of the Halloween stuff I mentioned a few posts ago,here is Elvira's Vinyl Macabre. It's got your more famous numbers like "Monster Mash" and "Purple People Eater" but the reason I post it is for the more obscure songs on the album.

Elvira's Vinyl Macabre










The last thing I must post is a version of the "Return of the Living Dead" soundtrack that I found that has bits and pieces of the great dialogue littered in between the tracks. It's quite an upgrade from the copy I've been listening to since high school. If you're a fan of the movie or just zombie films in general, don't miss out.

Return of the Living Dead

This is longtime favorite of mine with bands like: The Damned,T.S.O.L.,Tall Boys,45 Grave,The Cramps and a few more.You'll have to just get it to find out........Troy

1 comment:

Oldboy said...

Born Against by far my favorite punk band of all time. I love the Return of the living dead movie and soundtrack, i used to own the soundtrack, but I lost it, I would really dig if you burned me a copy because You know my computer situation right now, SHITTY COMPUTER!